Saturday, July 10th Maggie had some soup, that had cooked in the microwave for 10 minutes, accidentally spilled in her lap. She suffered first and second degree burns from her belly button down to her thighs and her left hand and wrist. I rushed her up to the ER where they treated her wounds. They were so impressed with how well she handled everything. I faithfully changed her dressings twice a day and Monday took her in to follow up with our family doctor. He gave us the bad news that her 2nd degree burns were now infected and that they were going to need to do a wet to dry dressing to remove the infection. If you don't know, a wet dressing is placed over the wounds and left to dry. I was to take her back today and have the dry dressing removed which, if all went well, the infection would adhere to the dressing and come off with it. Great news! It worked. The doctor and nurse both told me how badly this was going to hurt her and I was sick about it. Our kids have had a lot of crazy medical things in the past, but this one takes the cake. I cried all morning. I had a good friend come over and she cried with me. I doped Maggie up with Lortab left for the procedure. Through many of our prayers and lots of my tears, little miss Maggie didn't even cry! She sat there wide eyed like such a trooper. Our doctor removed the bandages and all the yellow infection was gone and there was beautiful pink skin once again. Our prayers were answered. We are blessed to have such great people around us. Many wonderful friends and family have come by with treats, coloring books, crayons, crafts and tons of popsicles and many concerned phone calls. All the love and support is so appreciated. Thank you each very much!
We have a long road a head, but it is looking much better and brighter.
3 comments:
We are so glad Maggie is doing better. Let us know if we can help in any way
Holy cow! I'm glad she is doing better. I bet that is a scary thing to go through, and I know from personal experience that a 2nd degree burn is painful! Maggie is truly a trooper!
POOR POOR maggie. I just shudder thinking about it. Let me know if you need anything.
Post a Comment